There is no better location in Oaxaca for a Bed & Breakfast
Casa de Las Bugambilias
3 Beautiful Bed and Breakfasts to your disposition
The Cabrera family of Oaxaca, Mexico has been hosting visitors from all over the world since 1988 in their three beautiful Bed & Breakfasts located in the historical district of Oaxaca. They have shared their home and their traditions generously, providing visitors with a unique vision of the culture of Mexico through its art and food.
Currently, our family is hosting three Bed & Breakfast homes, all located in the heart of the historic district of Oaxaca. All are 6 blocks from the Zócalo and offer a two-course Mexican gourmet breakfast. Please click on the photos below to obtain information about each bed and breakfast home.
Casa de las Bugambilias is a striking modern house decorated with contemporary art, local folk art and antiques in a minimalist aesthetic promoting peace and restfulness. It is located just one block from the legendary baroque Santo Domingo Cathedral and Cultural Museum. We will provide personal attention to your needs. We are offering eight newly renovated rooms with private baths and a two-bedroom suite…
Casa de los Milagros, Bed and Breakfast, is the perfect spot for any traveler looking for privacy right in the heart of of Oaxaca. Offering only three rooms, each with private bathrooms, in a beautiful restored colonial home, it provides incomparable intimacy and service. Our kitchen has served Rick Bayless, Diana Kennedy, Roberto Santibanez, Pilar Cabrera, among others. We will cater to your every need…
El Secreto is a cozy urban oasis with four bedrooms, private patios and a massage area. A rooftop deck allows for sunbathing and relaxation as well as providing a panoramic view of the city and the surrounding mountains. This private and intimate bed and breakfast is located in the best spot in the city, literally across the street from the legendary Santo Domingo Church and the beautiful Ethnobotanical Gardens…
Your alternative to Oaxaca hotels.
Customized services by members of an Oaxacan family
- Temazcal (indigenous steam bath with herbs) and in-house massage: Purify your mind, body, and spirit in an extraordinary garden setting. Ancient ceremonies combine a cleansing sweat bath with herbs and flowers. Also pffered in the past by indigenous groups as a therapeutic and purifying ritual. Music and a soothing massage will renew and energize you… Read more.
- Our Tours: are led by Rene Cabrera, Spanish and English speaker tour guide from Oaxaca, who became certified and licensed in 2012. Rene is constantly looking for new places and craftsmen to make his tours more interesting and unique. He offers private tours and will make sure you are always provided with the best service possible… Read more.
- Casa de las Bugambilias B&B is home to the popular restaurant “La Olla” (the cooking pot) providing innovative Oaxacan cuisine in a casual atmosphere. Chef and owner Pilar Cabrera bases her approach to food in an earth-friendly philosophy. Pilar is also offering a cultural experience first hand through taste and hands-on cooking at: Casa de los Sabores…
At Casa de las Bugambilias B&B we are
in favor of a Viable Tourism
We are committed to sustainable tourism. We try to do our best and through small differences, we can help our local economy, community and environment. Below is an eco-friendly list of what you can expect to find at our three properties.
We are members of ConservAgua, a program that promotes the sustainable use of natural resources, especially for hotels, as well as for the tourists who stay as guests. Personnel training and guests’ awareness are two important factors for the success of the program.
Objectives are: to achieve rational use of water through awareness of consumption, reuse and recycling of this life-giving liquid, to reduce polluting agents and waste of water through programs that reduce laundry at hotels, and to demonstrate that environmental protection is profitable.
- Most of the food served at breakfast is from local and organic growers, as well as from fair trade organizations.
- We use biodegradable soaps and cleaning products… keep reading.