Places to go in Oaxaca and surroundings.
A brief list of activities:
- Visit the famous archaeological site at Monte Albán.
- Hire a certified tour guide and tour the villages surrounding Oaxaca.
- Treat yourself to a revitalizing temazcal treatment.
- Arrange a cooking class in Oaxaca cuisine at La Olla restaurant.
- Run the “Cerro del Fortin” or through “El llano” park.
- Visit Oaxaca’s museums:
- Museum of Oaxacan Cultures at the Santo Domingo Cultural Center.
- Modern Art Museum.
- Photography Museum.
- Graphics arts institute.
- Tamayo Museum.
- Cultural Center of San Pablo.
- Textile Museum.
- Stamp Museum.
- Folk Art Museum at San Bartolo Coyotepec.
- Visit archeological sites of Yagúl and Mitla.
- See the oldest tree in the Americas at Santa María El Tule.
- Visit the art school and paper factory in San Agustín, Etla.
- Explore Oaxaca’s churches including the Santo Domingo de Guzmán church.
- Hang out at one of many outdoor cafes at the Zócalo and watch the world go by.
- Go shopping at one of Oaxaca’s handicraft markets.
- Visit the natural springs at Hierve el Agua.
- Arrange mountain bike rentals and horseback riding through a local agency.
- Join in the celebrations such as:
- The ‘Festival of Day of the Dead’.
- Christmas, Noche de los Rábanos, December 23rd.
- The largest fiesta in Oaxaca – the “Guelaguetza” dance festival in July. And the many events and attractions of Easter week
Teotitlán del Valle
Art Center San Agustin.- Workshops, exhibitions, cultural events, concerts. Check the schedule on their official website