At Casa de las Bugambilias B&B we are
in favor of a Viable Tourism
We are committed to sustainable tourism. We try to do our best and through small differences, we can help our local economy, community and environment. Below is an eco-friendly list of what you can expect to find at our three properties.
We are members of ConservAgua, a program that promotes the sustainable use of natural resources, especially for hotels, as well as for the tourists who stay as guests. Personnel training and guests’ awareness are two important factors for the success of the program. Objectives are: to achieve rational use of water through awareness of consumption, reuse and recycling of this life-giving liquid, to reduce polluting agents and waste of water through programs that reduce laundry at hotels, and to demonstrate that environmental protection is profitable.
- Most of the food served at breakfast is from local and organic growers, as well as from fair trade organizations.
- We use biodegradable soaps and cleaning products.
- We replaced individual soaps and shampoos with containers that can be refilled. Shampoos and conditioners are all environmentally friendly. Handmade soaps are made by Espuma de Luna.
- Organic waste is used of to feed live stock (pigs).
- We try to choose from among the most energy-efficient models on the market for the water heaters, washing machine and dryer.
- Most of our toilets are water-saving and use the minimum amount of water needed per flush.
- We change our guests linens every four to five days to save water. And we allow our guests to choose whether they need new towels and sheets.
- We have switched over to energy-efficient light bulbs.
- We share information about local environmental attractions, bioregional news and local environmental groups.
- We provide public recycling bins for plastic bottles.
Thanks for choosing Casa de Las Bugambilias!